The forum is in read-only mode. If you are looking for technical support, you can contact us by phone or email, or visit our pages on social networks: Facebook, Google+.

Go Back   Dekart > English > Dekart Private Disk products family
Register Members List Lazybit Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dekart Private Disk products family The Forum is intended to encourage discussion on specific topics related to the Dekart Private Disk products family, focusing on virtual encrypted disk issues, encryption algorithms and ways your data is encrypted and decrypted.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2008, 16:25

Different Registration Number/Serial Number

An old problem re-visited. I have read the posts in the forum and have seen the problem of ‘being unable to register my copy of Private Disk’ and I have tried all of the solutions that I saw posted but without success.

I have what seems to me to be a very serious problem/error, at least, with my specific copy. I have two different registration/serial numbers!

Following Alex’s suggestion I tried 1. Start PD and 2. Pressing ‘About’ then pasting the registration number into the respective field. I receive the, ‘Incorrect registration number’, message.

So I began checking and I have found that the Registration Number (Product Key number) that I received from ‘Cleverbridge’ is not the same number as the Serial Number (there is a difference of one letter) that I found in prvdisk.dll when I checked there as per the instructions in your ‘How to encrypt a USB flash drive, CD, DVD’ directions which I found on your website.

I have tried using both numbers the ‘Cleverbridge’ number and the ‘prvdisk.dll’ number in every manner I can think of without success. I have even gone into ‘prvdisk.dll’ and changed the “SerialNumber=” line using both numbers and neither works.

The Registration Number that I received from ‘Cleverbridge’ is –

1JDQCxxx (38 digits)

The Serial Number in the ‘prvdisk.dll’ is –

zzz (37 digits)

So, what is the problem and more importantly – HOW DO WE CORRECT THE PROBLEM?

If the problem is solved by downloading a new application from your site, how do I do that?

HELP!

Last edited by Alex Railean : June 4th, 2008 at 14:42. Reason: obfuscated the registration numbers
Old June 4th, 2008, 14:45

Default Re: Different Registration Number/Serial Number

To all Staff at Dekart:

I must apologize for any concern I may have caused by my recent communications with you regarding a “problem” that I seemed to have in getting ‘Private Disk’ to install and run properly.

During the last several days I worked ceaselessly on my part to resolve my “problem” from my end.

At last I have my answer!

You should be able to take pride in your “Warning”, which I had read and was fully aware of but still fell victim to – an error in transcribing the Registration/Serial Number when I attempted to enter it into the initial registration number box during the installation process. I made a mistake by simply substituting an “O” for a “0”!

I have now been able to successfully install and use my Private Disk application!

Again, I apologize and recognize and Thank You all for your patience and help.
Old June 4th, 2008, 14:47
Technical Support

Hmm, this sounds very strange; the registration number should be 38 characters long.

The first number is not valid because it contains underscores, which are not used in our numbers.

The second number is not good either because it is only 37 digits long.

Can you forward the message from Cleverbridge to support at dekart dot com? I'll take a look at it and investigate the case.

Either way, everything you did was right, so the culprit is definitely in the number itself. We'll get the problem fixed, don't worry about that.
Old June 4th, 2008, 14:49
Technical Support

Ah, I'm glad this is fixed. It happens quite often that certain characters look the same, so the easiest thing to do is use copy/paste rather than enter the numbers by hand.