The forum is in read-only mode. If you are looking for technical support, you can contact us by phone or email, or visit our pages on social networks: Facebook, Google+.

Go Back   Dekart > English > Dekart SIM card reader/SIM Manager products family
Register Members List Lazybit Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dekart SIM card reader/SIM Manager products family Dekart SIM Card Reader - one of the smallest PC/SC smart card readers out there, in conjunction with SIM Manager - an easy way to manage your SIM card, backup your contacts, change your card's PIN or PUK. Discussions about mobile phones, worldwide mobile operators, and the trends of communication technology.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2008, 13:40
jefferson

Default net10?

I use a Net10 Motorola W375 which is unrecognized by my PC when connected with a USB cable and the Motorola Phone Tools software installed. Apprently Net10 has blocked out the ability for the two devices to "see" each other. The Net10 service is perfect for my use as coverage is excellent and only $15 per month, and still my minutes are rolling over. Just use it for work, and don't use it that much. But, I do need to be able to input-transfer contact info from my Outlook contact list. It's essential to have my contact list available to me in th phone when away from my computer.

All I want-need to do is have the ability to transfer my contact list, [not even all of them], from my PC to my phone using a my keyboard-mouse instead of keying entries in on the phone itself..........who's got that kind of time? And have the aility to update and edit those entries.

Can this SIM card reader and software, [http://www.dekart.com/products/hardw...m_card_reader/ ], really accomplish this for me? And if so will it work with a differnet Net10 phone?

Hope so!
Old September 22nd, 2008, 11:13
Technical Support

Default Re: net10?

Yes, you can do that with the reader and SIM Manager.

The software will allow you to import the contacts from Outlook via a CSV file, and then you can write them to the SIM.

Note that the current beta of SIM Manager has a much better CSV import feature, so if you want to give it a try, let me know and I will make it available for a download.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 16:18
jefferson

Alex -

Thanks for the positive reply. If you could post a link here to download the latest version of SIM Manager that wouldbe great! I take it from what I have read the SIM Manager works with any sim card reader? I'll give it a go.........
Old September 30th, 2008, 10:59
Technical Support

You can copy it from this address: xttp://files.dekart.com/beta/simman23d.zip

Here is a partial changelog
Code:
Version 2.3: - SIM card backup and restore deprecated in the favour the PHN format + New CSV import dialog + Display the text of a long SMS in a tooltip + Enable/Disable FDN (fixed dialing numbers) + 'p' and 'w' are accepted as valid characters in a phone number - Filtering "()[]-" in phone numbers - Invalid characters in the contacts' names are replaced with '_' - Number of PIN1 and PIN2 enter attempts left was not displayed correctly for some 2G cards - 3G cards with more than 250 contacts are handled correctly + Usability improvements + Cosmetic improvements